Mission to the university, missionaries to the world:
- Empower students to thoughtful, creative, genuine and evangelistic mission to the University of Tasmania.
- Identify and cultivate Christian leaders, especially missionaries, church planters and pastors.
- We will be a large, diverse, long term and flexible ministry.
- We will have a global network of missionaries, pastors, church planters and graduates committed to our ministry.
We seek to fulfill our mission and vision with a dependence upon God's power, and according to the methods he gives us:
- Clear, persuasive Christ-centred proclamation of the Scriptures.
- Prayer according to the promises of God.
- The godly individual and community life of Christians as example, embodiment and commendation of our message.
- Loving willingness to serve, sacrifice and change for the good of others.
1. We are not consumers, we are whole heartedly committed to the mission of the University Fellowship of Christians.
2. We are not a church, we are all members of local churches.
3. We are not activists, we rest in the grace of God and devote ourselves to prayer and meditating on Scripture.
4. We are not a ghetto, we are active members of the social life of UTAS.
5. We are not a parasite, we are dilligent in our studies and involvement in the University community.
6. We are not a youth group, we expect mature and loving adult behaviour and responsibility.
7. We don't want total staff control nor total student freedom, but genuine long-term partnership between staff and students.